Monday, August 9, 2010

Evaluation

Cool.. Most of the people now are finished with their midterms.. But for us, we're done with our finals for German 10! Hooray! :)

So, what have we done so far?
  • We did a lot of dialogs about things we usually say in a cafeteria and the airport.
  • We also tackled about describing different countries and their locations.
  • We started talking about nouns, verbs, adjectives and the like.
  • We also talked about numbers, letters and pronunciation.
  • We are also done describing ourselves and our home.
Whew.. That was too much too handle.. But I guess it was relatively easy for me because I really enjoy it. I have done my best just to practice learning this new language. I was really eager from beginning until the end of German 10. But I have to admit that I started slacking after the midterms. Maybe it was because our majors were slowly piling up. It is as if I would experience "avalanche" (as our director would call) anytime soon. That's scary. I guess I would have to get back on what I do before: Make a list all of the things I need and want to learn everyday. (At least 10 phrase or sentence per day.. haha..) 

I really think that I still lack the knowledge of most nouns and verbs. I usually get stuck when writing a paragraph when I take our exams because I don't know what verbs to write or even some of the gender of nouns. I guess it's time to get back on these topics even before going to German 11. Hmmm.. I think I need to make a confession.. Haha... The reason that I get a little above average marks during the midterms is that I pay attention not only to what is asked and written on the exam parts but also to the clues written on the other parts of the exam. I just usually pattern my answers from the written sentences that I recognize and I try to avoid writing down things that I am not sure of. :) I guess I need to change this notion. Haha.. I should study better and be confident enough not only during exams but also during our class..

I guess that's all for the evaluation... I'll do my best.. Viel Glück! :D

1 comment:

  1. I'll tell you a secret: that's actually part of the exam. It's a strategy that you would be using in conversation, anyway-- looking for clues in the context, sometimes repeating information from your conversation partner to keep it going. ;)

    But yes, taking risks is an important part of learning a language too. You learn quite a lot from your mistakes, so go ahead and make them. :)

    ReplyDelete