Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Das Stimmt! :)

/hihi

Last Saturday, I really felt so bored on the way home. Since I really don't have anything to do while on the bus, I decided to answer a part of my Kursbuch in Deutsch.. :) Actually, I didn't even realize the time. It took me the whole trip just to answer only one page.. Haha.. (It's not even the whole page. Just one paragraph.. :)) )

Hmmm.. Well today in class, we studied the page that I answered. Hmm.. I guess it was really worth.. We actually devoted all our time to only one page.. Hahaha.. :) I just wanted to take a few notes here of what we learned today.. :D

  • The difference between weil and denn... The two words are used for explaining, providing reasons and the likes.. Weil means "because" while Denn means "for". When using "weil", you need to put your verb at the end of the sentence while when using "denn', you can create your sentence normally. Your verb will be at the second position. 
  • Next, the use of perfect tenses is introduced. We used the word "getroffen" meaning, "had met." Notice that the bestimmter artikel is used as Akkusativ. (I don't know why really.. haha..)
    • Das ist die Frau, die ich gestern getroffen habe.
    • Das ist der Mann, den ich gestern getroffen habe.
  • Next, the difference between "müssen" and "dürfen." "Müssen" means "have to" while "dürfen" means "may have to." The first expresses more conviction than the latter..
    • Ich            -Darf
    • Du            -Darfst
    • Er/Es/Sie   -Darf
    • Wir           -Durfen
    • Ihr            -Durft
    • sie/Sie       -Durfen
  • Lastly, I learned a new way to say the expression "Tama!" (with the correct intonation.. hahaha..) Instead of saying "Richtig", you can say "Das stimmt." still with the proper intonation... :D Actually, on the way to our next class, Lor,Carl, MJ and I can't stop saying this expression again and again.. haha :)
I guess I've written quite a few things here.. :) I just wanted to keep an extended copy of my notes.. Just in case I wanted to look at it in the future.. Haha.. :D Guess that's all for today.. See yah.. 

/bye

No comments:

Post a Comment